The reaction of oil upon heating reveals how much health it adds to one’s diet. The higher the smoke point, the more suitable and healthier that oil is for cooking.
Since the stability is directly proportional to the smoke points. So, the more stable oil features a higher smoke point. However, the stability of oil depends upon the configuration of fatty acids. Tight packing of fatty acids leads to a durable formulation because they become difficult to break apart.
Moreover, while making a comparison between monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids. We find the former ones healthier and stable upon heating. The reason behind the fact is that monounsaturated fats don’t oxidize easily and the same is the case with saturated fats.
In relation to the above context, we claim avocado, olive, and canola oil as the healthier options for cooking. But let’s discuss the value of avocado oil for frying in particular.
The goodness of avocado oil for Frying
Amongst the entire category of healthiest fats, avocado oil stands eminently due to the following reasons:
- The formulation of avocado oil majorly contains monounsaturated fatty acids with one double bond. Thereby the oil turns out extremely heat resistant and hence perfect for frying.
- The smoke point of avocado oil is quite higher that’s 520°Fwhich makes it go-to oil when you choose to fry.
- However, the taste of avocado oil is a bit nutty but that doesn’t make any difference. So, feel relaxed to opt for avocado oil for deep or shallow frying. Since it won’t influence the original flavor of food.
- Above all, avocado oil plays an important role in ameliorating good cholesterol whereas it minimizes the bad meanwhile.
- In addition, it is also enriched with vitamin E that lowers free radicals of your body. Since this particular nutrient is an antioxidant.
Apart from all the benefits, the avocado oil is a bit pricey in comparison to other cooking oils. So, it’ll just burden your pocket otherwise it’s an awesome choice to go for. However, if you still don’t select it for deep frying due to its expensive range. Then just go for it for stir-frying since this specific cooking mode requires very little oil.