With an air fryer, you get on the right way to prepare crunchy, delicious yet healthier French fries. Although using an air fryer for making French fries is not rocket science. But since we hold a deep concern for our readers. That’s why we have come up with a proper recipe with a step by step process. That’ll lead you to your addictive fries within a few minutes. But before we move ahead, let’s share some tips that are secret gems to cook perfectly crisp French fries.
Tips to follow:
- To attain premium French fry flavor, we suggest you go for russet potatoes, above all.
- Wash potatoes obsessively and make sure that no dirt, bruises, or eyes remain on them. Moreover, for ultra-crisp, we also recommend not to peel off the skin.
- Most importantly, soak the cut fries in cold water for an hour minimum. And do change the water after 30 minutes. Since the process removes starch from fries thereby guarantees you an ultimate crisp.
- Once you finally drain away water, dry the fries thoroughly with a paper towel or any other material. We strongly recommend the absence of residual moisture because even minor wetness can result in soggy fries.
- While transferring raw fries to the air frying basket, be very vigilant about their placement. Since a single layer of fries with every potato stick getting exposure to hot air from all sides lead to a crunchier yield.
- By the end, place the French fries in the oven and set the oven temperature at lower degrees. This allows any remaining oil drip down thereby ensures you a product that’s not cold or flimsy meanwhile.
Recipe for crunchier French fries using an air fryer:
The recipe that we are going to share today is simply the basic one. However, you can customize it in accordance with your likes or dislikes regarding seasonings, etc. so, here you go:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes.
- 3 russet potatoes
- 2-3 tablespoon of olive oil (you may omit)
- Salt and pepper according to taste
- Paprika, garlic powder for seasoning or any other as per your choice.
- First of all, cut the potatoes into fries. If some get cut big and others small, don’t worry since it’s not the issue.
- Then thoroughly soak the fries in the bowl of cold water for an hour. Don’t forget to change the water in between.
- Now switch on the air fryer and adjust the temperature to 375degrees for preheating.
- Furthermore, properly dry the fries and toss them with salt, pepper, other seasonings (garlic, chilli powder), and olive oil (optional).
- Place fries evenly in the frying basket and make sure they don’t pile up. However, shaking in between the cooking cycle promises more even cooking.
- Cook for 15 minutes and the fries will turn golden brown and obviously crispy within the time span.
- While employing spatula, transfer delicious fries from fryer to the platter and enjoy with your favorite dip
Nutrition per serving:
- Calories: 80kcal
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Protein: 2g
- Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 8mg
- Potassium: 351mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Vitamin C: 9.7mg
- Calcium: 25mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
Step by Step Guide to Make French Fries Using AirFryer
As you know that the addition of olive oil is up to your choice. However, we want to inform that in both cases the fries will end in crispier yield. But without tossing in oil, the fries stick to the pan and own a drier texture and that’s fine too.